I got the word today that our school day will definitely be 8:15 am - 3:15 pm. That means students will be tardy if not in their classroom at the transition campus by 8:15. Our families should be able to keep their morning routines the same as this year and have a few extra minutes for travel time to the new site. Good News!
Our new address is 11339 Britoak Houston, TX 77079
We will have the office open at MWE until June 30, 2010. That will be the last day at our current location. When the office reopens on July 14, 2010, we will open at the transition campus.
We have distributed over 2800 boxes throughout the school for packing but - NO KIDDING - we need more!! Please save any good sized packing boxes. Not too big and not too small. You may bring them up anytime.
Seeing all those boxes has caused the students to think about our move and about next year. They have asked many questions lately. Here are a few with the answers:
1. Are we going to have lunch at the transition campus? YES, same cafeteria staff and food. We will eat in the north side of the WAIS cafeteria.
2. Do we get to go to Specials at the transition campus? YES, same as now! We will be using the smaller gym (sometimes called the Rubber Gym). We will have an Art room and a Music room...just like now.
3. Is there a playground at the transition campus? Yes, not as big and fabulous as our SPARK Park but definitely a school playground with equipment and space for playing ball.
4. Will we have STAR STUDENTS at the transition campus? YES, same as now.
5. If I live on Bateswood, will a bus take me to the transition campus? YES...more details about that later.